6th Grade Through Covid

Student with mask on.

This is me on a school day wearing my mask, sitting at my desk.

This year hasn’t been a normal year. Everyone can relate to that simple statement. But as the world rebounds in the way that we always do, Durham Academy Middle School has gone back to school.

We’re on a staggered schedule, last names A-L on Mondays and Wednesdays and M-Z On Tuesdays and Thursdays. On days where we’re not at school, we’re virtual, learning through apps like Google Classroom and Microsoft Teams.

Other things in my life have gone from nonexistent to existent. For instance, my soccer team, 2009 Barcelona (Triangle United) have started doing contact soccer. I have played in one game as of right now, and I have more to look forward to. My first game was in Wilmington. When I stepped out of the car, I could smell the salt we were so close to the ocean!

Covid-19 has provided me with more opportunities than not, if you can believe it. I got to spend more time with my family, which is always fun and interesting. Normally we all have activities every day of the week, and so it was nice to be able to spend time with them.

As the whole world works through COVID, I know that we will pull through. We have faced things like this before, and we have gotten through those stronger than ever. This will only make us stronger, believe it or not.

But right now, if wearing masks and staying six feet away is what we need to do to stay safe, I encourage everyone to do those things! This will not just go away on it’s own. We have to take the necessary precautions to help this virus to go away. I know we can do it.

Thank you for reading my very first post!

One thought on “6th Grade Through Covid